Access Statement for THE HAYLOFT,
Uppertown Farm Holiday Cottages
The Hayloft is a first-floor self-catering apartment. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement; if you have any enquiries please call. We look forward to welcoming you.
• We have a website www.uppertownfarm.co.uk
• Bookings / enquiries can be made by email or phone
• The nearest bus stop is 1/3 mile from the entrance
• The nearest train stations, Grindleford and Buxton, are approximately 8 -10 miles away; there are taxis available at Buxton station.
• We can provide information in large print on request.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a large parking area at the front of the property with several allocated spaces for the apartment.
• The parking area is gravelled, flat and even.
• The entrance at the front has a flight of seven steps. It has a handrail on the right (door hinged on the left). The door is 94cm wide.
• Parking is 5 metres from the entrance.
• The entrance is reached from the parking area via a small patio which is 5.45 metres across with a 14cm step up from the parking area.
• The property is clearly signed from the parking area.
Main Entrance & Hall
• The entrance is approached via a flight of 7 stone steps with handrail to the right. Each step is 17cm high, 28cm deep and 83cm wide.
• The door is hinged on the left.
• The door is 94cm wide and opens inwards, and the keyhole lock is 110cm high.
• Inside the front entrance is a small hall 149x175cm, which leads to the kitchen and bathroom through separate doors.
• Door width 79cm.
• Low rectangular table alongside sofa - legs on each corner, 41cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace), 1.2 metres long, 55cm wide and 44cm high.
• Table is easily moveable either close to sofa, or further away eg. along bottom of bed if preferred.
• Sofa with leather padded seat, back and arms.
• There is free space of 1.55 by 1.28 metres clear of doors and furniture.
• Flooring is short pile carpet throughout.
• Furniture is moveable and all is non-feather.
• Teletext TV provided with remote control (also available are DVD player, stereo with CD, radio and tape).
• There is no washer dryer. Inside and outside clothes driers provided.
• Village store is 1/3 mile (7 mins) walk.
• Use of all-weather tennis court on owners' property, adjacent
• Rackets and balls available on request.
• Wide range of country walks either direct from property via public footpath and tracks/lanes, or within short driving distance in the Derbyshire Dales and Peak District.
• Door width 79cm
• Double bed provided, convertible by prior arrangement to two single beds ( each 92cm).
• Bed height 58cm floor to top of mattress.
• Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
• Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton.
• Teletext TV provided in bedroom/sitting room with remote control
• Separate bathroom accessed through kitchen and hall.
• Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 1.47metres.
• Bed is moveable if more space is required to one side.
Bathroom, & WC
• Door width 60cm.
• No bath.
• Flexible shower in own cubicle with no handrail.
• Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 1.99 by 1.44 metres.
• Toilet seat height 40cm.
• Space to right of toilet is 25cm, space to left is 25cm
• Flooring is short pile carpet.
• Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture.
• Space under wash-basin is free (no pipes or vanity unit).
• Kitchen opens into bedroom / sitting room via door 79cm wide.
• Worktop height 92cm.
• Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf is 46cm, can be accessed from the side.
• Sink is 92cm high with cupboards underneath.
• Hob is 92cm high and ceramic.
• Flooring is linoleum.
• At least 2.69 x 1.90m free space between all furniture and worktops.
• Kitchen evenly lit with spotlights above work surfaces where required.
• Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
• Fridge with small freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 52cm.
• Breakfast bar 90cm high, with small sitting area either side. Two tall chairs with seats provided, 68cm high
Grounds and Gardens
• Small fairly private south-facing patio area 5.45m by 1.6m at base of steps to front door.
• The patio has a pleasant aspect, looking towards adjacent fields with grazing sheep and unspoilt open countryside.
• Patio is partially screened from main gateway to property and driveway/parking area by wall, tree and shrubs.
• 14cm step up to patio.
• Small 76 x 71cm outdoor table and chairs are outside.
• Barbecue available on request (wheelable and moveable)
• Information folder is provided.
• The flat is no smoking.
• Pets and service dogs are welcome - please inform us on booking.
• Mobile phone reception limited.
Telephone: 01629 650989
• We are planning to extend and improve the patio area.
• We will shortly be updating our website.