Access Statement for THE BYRE,
Uppertown Farm Holiday Cottages
Our self-catering 4-6 person cottage is a bungalow with no steps, and is reasonably suitable for disabled people. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement; if you have any queries please call. We look forward to welcoming you.
• We have a website, uppertownfarm.co.uk
• Bookings and enquiries can be made by email and phone
• The nearest bus stop is in the village, 1/3 mile away (7 mins walk)
• The nearest train stations, Grindleford and Buxton are 8 - 10 miles away; there are accessible taxis at Buxton station.
• We can provide information in large print on request.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is ample car parking at the side of a gravelled area adjacent to the property, plus dedicated space for one car at the entrance.
• Car park is flat and even.
• The entrance at the front has 1 step, 12cm high and 95cm wide. The door is 95cm wide.
• Parking is at or near the entrance.
• The entrance is reached from the dedicated car park via a paved area which is level and even.
• The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The front door has 1 step.
• The door is 95cm wide, inwards-opening to a corridor. Keyhole 1.12m high.
• There is a threshold of 12mm when entering the apartment.
• The corridor is 1.28m wide and leads to the open-plan dining, kitchen and lounge and bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
• External security lighting.
Corridor and entrance hall
• Small entrance hall 177 x 175cm with boot rack and coat hooks within easy reach
• Corridor (5m) leads past bunk bed area, which can be curtained off, to kitchen
Dining room and living room
• Doorway width 89cm.
• The dining room is open-plan with the lounge and kitchen.
• Oval extendable table (moveable), 6 legs, 65cm floor to lowest point of table (under space), 1.86m long.
• Free space between tables and walls is at least 40cm all around.
• Chairs (moveable) -4 chairs with padded seat and no arms, and 2 chairs with padded seats and arms. There are a further two similar chairs in the dining area and bedroom 2 if needed, without arms.
• There is free space of 2.64 x 2.72m clear of doors and furniture.
• Flooring is short pile carpet throughout.
• Furniture is moveable and all is non-feather.
• Two double sofas are provided, both armed.
• Large wide flatscreen TV with Sky and Teletext provided with remote control (also available are DVD player, stereo with CD, radio).
• There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washer, which is front loading, provided in the kitchen. An outdoor rotating clothes line is in position by the front door.
• Nearest shop is Birchover Village Store (7 mins walk). Supermarkets in Bakewell (Co-op - 5 miles) and Matlock (Sainsburys - 5 miles)
• Guests may use tennis court adjacent to property - rackets and balls on request.
• Large private lawn in front of property with views across fields to distant hills. Sheltered by hedges all around.
• Outdoor table, chairs and loungers.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• Bedroom 1 - door width 72cm.
• Double bed provided 4'6.
• Bed height 61cm floor to top of mattress.
• Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
• Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton.
• En suite bathroom.
• Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 70cm.
• Bed is moveable if more space is required to one side.
• Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 120cm by 200cm.
• Door width 60cm.
• Bath height is 55cm. Integral bath rails available on both sides.
• Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 1.23 x 1.32m.
• Toilet seat height 42cm.
• Space to right of toilet is is 82cm, available space to the left 16cm.
• Flooring is linoleum.
• Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture.
• Space under washbasin is free (no pipes or vanity unit).
- Door width 71cm.
- Double bed provided 4`6.
- Bed height 54cm floor to top of mattress.
- Non-feather pillows and duvet provided.
- Sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers are cotton.
- En-suite bathroom.
- Largest transfer space available to left or right of bed is 64cm.
- Bed is moveable if more space is required to one side.
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 249cm x 64cm.
- Door width 60cm.
- No bath.
- In separate cubicle, flexible shower with vertical handrail.
- Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 73cm x 146cm.
- Toilet seat height 43cm.
- Space to right of toilet is 13cm, space to left is 79cm.
- Flooring is linoleum.
- Good colour contrast between floors, walls and furniture.
- Space under washbasin is free (no pipes or vanity unit).
- Handrail on left wall of bedroom on way to bathroom and on left wall of bathroom, useful for disabled people.
- Kitchen reached through open doorways from dining area and corridor.
- Doorways 90cm.
- Worktop height 92cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 37cm.
- Sink is 92cm high with cupboards underneath.
- Ceramic hob is 92cm high.
- Flooring is linoleum.
- At least 193cm x 200cm free space between all furniture and worktops.
- Evenly lit kitchen with spotlights above work surfaces where required.
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
- Fridge with small freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 1.35m.
Grounds and Gardens
• Large garden, mainly enclosed (grassed) which is easy to supervise from windows of property.
• Information folder is available.
• No mobile phone reception in house. No house phone. Mobile reception in
• The property is no smoking.
• Pets and service dogs are welcome - please inform us on booking.
Telephone: 01629 650989
Updated 3rd January 2018